The festive season can be joyous and fun, but for some it can be a stressful and lonely time, especially for those who suffer from depression this period can be quite challenging. Some might not have a family or friends who they are able to join. The cold weather can be very challenging for the elderly; homeless people can die as a result of freezing conditions.
At the Fund we hope that all PRS members will keep safe and warm during the Christmas holiday and be prepared for all kind of adversities. Here’s some of the help we provide through our partnerships:
- If you need help during the cold weather, we have our WINTER HEATING SCHEME, which runs during the months of October 2018 to March 2019. The scheme is available to help you and your dependents who are elderly, sick or vulnerable stay warm this winter, by providing contributions towards heating bills. For more information please contact us on 020 3741 4067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have housing issues – whether that’s finding an affordable place to live or difficulties with rent arrears – SHELTER can help you with advice, support and legal services. To get in touch please visit shelter.org.uk/gethelp where you can access online advice, speak to an adviser through web chat, or find details of your local face-to-face service. Or call the urgent helpline 0808 800 4444 and let them know you are a PRS member.
- HELP MUSICIANS UK in partnership with PRS Members’ Fund is providing mental health support to members through Music Minds Matter – a free and confidential 24/7 mental health support line and service for the music industry. If you are struggling to cope, contact on 0808 802 8008 or email MMM@helpmusicians.org.uk
- If you’re struggling with your debts, STEPCHANGE DEBT CHARITY can take a completely impartial look at your financial situation and recommend the best way to deal with it from the many solutions available. They’ll also help you build a budget with a tailored action plan and all the support you need. You can find out more at stepchange.org or call 0800 138 1111.
The following links may be useful:
- Some tips to help you cope with the cold weather bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45963190?fbclid=IwAR29g3dEwbu13YCzoLv38BZJOIewLlblmiIC8sWKWieVmFJlYLNj0m2FqOQ
- If you’re living with depression this article can be really helpful to self-care for the festive period blurtitout.org/2017/12/21/self-care-festive-season/
Season Greetings to you all. Wishing you a happy and healthy 2019!
-The Fund Team-